[Infographic] 5 Shocking Facts on Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents happen every day. They range from a minor slip when walking into the kitchen at home to falling on the floor in a grocery store and sustaining some pretty serious injuries.
In fact, did you know that slip and fall accidents account for over 8 million hospital emergency room visits each year? If that surprises you, then check out these five facts on slip and fall accidents:
- According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), over 8.9 million people suffer non-fatal slip and fall accidents and injuries in the United States in 2012 alone.
- The CDC also reported that the direct medical costs for slip and fall accidents for adults sixty-five years and older were estimated at $30 billion.
- By 2020, project medical costs for slip and fall accidents and injuries will creep up to approximately $67.7 billion.
- Approximately 23 percent of hospital emergency room visits are from accidents, and approximately 12 percent of the accidents are slip and fall accidents.
- Slip and fall accidents are a $36 billion problem each year in North America.
While a great deal of slip and fall accidents occurs in public places or on other properties or premises, the majority of accidents happen in a person’s home.
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, whether it occurred on a public premises or at home, call the Boca Raton slip and fall lawyer at Leifer Law today for a free consultation. We can assess your injuries and determine if you have a case that could result in a settlement.
Call us today at 561-395-8055 for more information today.