Boca Raton Shopping Mall Injuries and Paths to Compensation
With upscale shopping destinations and bustling malls, shopping is a popular activity for Florida residents and visitors alike. While shopping malls provide a useful service and can be a pleasant experience, they also pose potential hazards. For example, slips, falls, escalator accidents, security breaches, and faulty merchandise displays have all led to shopping mall accidents and injuries.
After suffering injuries at a Florida shopping mall due to negligence, it is important for you to understand your rights and explore possible paths to compensation. A Boca Raton slip and fall lawyer can provide you with valuable advice and guide you through the process.
Common Mall Injuries and Paths to Compensation
Shopping mall injuries that have led to personal injury claims include falls on slippery floors, trips on poorly maintained walkways, injuries due to malfunctioning escalators, harm as a result of improperly stacked or poorly secured merchandise, and inadequate security measures that have led to assaults, thefts, and other crimes.
It is normal to feel upset and overwhelmed after being injured in a shopping mall in Delray Beach, Boca Raton, or Pompano Beach, but there are immediate steps you can take to protect your well-being and help build a strong case for compensation.
- Have your injury assessed by a licensed healthcare professional. Your health is a top priority, so seek immediate medical attention for your injuries, even if they appear minor at first.
- Report the event. Inform mall management and every other group management tells you to alert, such as shopping center security personnel. Keep copies of incident reports for your records.
- Take photos. If you are able to, gather visual documentation of the accident scene, including any hazardous conditions that may have contributed to your injury. Also, gather contact information from any witnesses present.
- Preserve evidence. Any physical proof you have, such as clothing worn in an escalator accident, should be kept, along with medical records and bills related to your injuries.
- Avoid official statements. Do not sign any documents or make an official statement with an insurance adjuster before consulting with a Florida injury lawyer. Things you say while upset can be taken out of context and used against you in the recovery process.
Once you share the details of your injury with an attorney, they can advise you on the type of injury claim that is appropriate, such as a premise liability claim or a negligence security claim.
Large Corporate Legal Teams
Navigating the legal complexities of shopping mall injury cases can be challenging because these properties are often connected to large businesses with full legal teams. Connecting with an experienced Boca Raton slip and fall lawyer means you’ll have an expert on your side.
Were you injured while shopping in Delray Beach or the surrounding area? Consulting with a legal expert will provide you with the guidance and representation you need to pursue compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An experienced injury lawyer will fight for your rights and seek the justice and compensation you deserve. To get started, simply contact Leifer & Ramirez. Call 561-660-9421 today.