West Palm Beach Rear End Car Accident Lawyer
Every day, unsuspecting motorists are rear ended in parking lots, at intersections, and out on the road. These collisions damage your bumper and trunk, but the bodily injuries our clients experience are far worse. If someone has rear ended you, you might be entitled to compensation. Our West Palm Beach rear end car accident lawyers at Leifer Law Firm have dealt with numerous car accident injuries are they are here for you.
Reasons for Rear End Collisions
In driving school, everyone is taught to provide several seconds of cushion between you and the car in front of you and to scan 10-12 seconds ahead. If everyone followed this advice, rear-end collisions would disappear overnight.
Unfortunately, many drivers are not as careful as they should be. Instead, they drive straight into someone’s back seat for the following reasons:
- They were following too closely
- They were driving too fast
- They were distracted and did not see the vehicles ahead of them
- They changed lanes without identifying whether a vehicle was already in the lane
In some situations, a defect on the vehicle might be responsible. Though rare, it is certainly possible that defective brakes or steering could cause someone to lose control of their vehicle, resulting in a collision. In these types of accidents, the manufacturer of the defective part or vehicle is often to blame for the collision.
Complications with Rear End Accidents
These types of collisions can be more complicated than other types of car accidents. For example, it might not be obvious who is to blame for striking you, especially in a pile-up that involves multiple vehicles. Furthermore, you might have contributed to the accident by failing to use your turn signal or by suddenly braking without good reason. In these cases, an insurance adjuster will need to fully review the surrounding circumstances to determine how to allocate fault.
To protect your right to compensation, you should hire a car accident attorney in West Palm Beach right away. Your attorney can advocate on your behalf so that the other drivers do not unfairly pin the accident solely on you.
Common Injuries in a Rear-End Collision
After a collision, motorists are violently thrown forward and then backwards, which can cause serious damage. Many of our clients suffer chronic pain and long-term injuries after even “minor” fender benders. For example, you might experience:
- As your head is violently thrown front and backwards, the ligaments in your neck and upper back stretch and tear, leaving you in extreme pain.
- Traumatic brain injuries. The violent rocking can also jiggle your brain inside your skull, altering how it works. After a TBI, many clients have impaired mobility, speech, memory, and reasoning abilities.
- Airbag injuries. If your airbag deploys, you might suffer broken bones in your face or bruising. Sometimes, motorists experience minor burns.
- Nerve damage. A nerve in your neck or upper back could become pinched, leading to intense pain. If you do not have a pinched nerve corrected, it could die.
- Herniated disk. The jelly-like pad between your spinal vertebrae breaks open, leading to immobilizing pain.
Even if you feel perfectly fine after a rear-end collision, chances are that your symptoms will not manifest for a couple days. For example, it is not unusual for back injuries to take a day or two before you start feeling pain.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach
If you have been rear-ended, you might not know what to do or who to talk to. At the Leifer Law Firm, we are happy to offer potential clients a free consultation where they can learn more about our experience. To schedule yours, call 561-660-9421 or submit an online message.