West Palm Beach Head-On Collision Lawyer
Few accidents are as terrifying as head-on collisions. When both vehicles are going at full speed, the consequences can be catastrophic, if not deadly. At the Leifer Law Firm, we help accident victims receive compensation for their injuries. Rather than fight for fair compensation on your own, you need experienced West Palm Beach head-on collision lawyers in your corner.
Why Head-On Collisions Occur
Head-on collisions should be one of the rarer types of car accidents. Drivers should be able to see each other and take defensive action to avoid the collision. However, there are many reasons why drivers might be unable to avoid a direct hit. And these accidents are more common than most people think.
Some of the reasons for head-on collisions include:
- Rain or fog. Bad weather can impair visibility and confuse drivers. Many drivers don’t know that they shouldn’t turn on their high beams in a hard rain storm, which will only blind them.
- Distracted driving. A driver who is sending or reading a text, or looking down for any reason, will never see that they are headed straight at another car.
- Driving while impaired. A driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol can easily drift across the road and into oncoming traffic.
- Speeding and other reckless driving. The more aggressive a driver is, the more likely he will lose control of his vehicle.
- A driver who is unfamiliar with the roads might inadvertently go onto the wrong side of the freeway.
Common Head-On Collision Injuries
Given the force generated by these types of collisions, many motorists are unable to walk away from the crash. We have seen many types of injuries, including:
- Broken teeth and torn facial muscles
- Lacerations, cuts, and abrasions
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage in the face and upper body
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries leading to paralysis or loss of sensation
After a head-on collision, you should see your doctor right away. Some symptoms do not manifest for several days, so always notify your doctor if you start to feel worse. In particular, traumatic brain injuries and back injuries might take a couple days to develop.
Unfortunately, some motorists are temporarily or permanently disabled after a head-on collision. They and their families must find at-home care and other assistance that is vital but also expensive.
Let Us Work for You
At the Leifer Law Firm, we have helped hundreds of injured motorists obtain fair settlements that compensate them for their horrific injuries. Our attorneys leave no stone unturned as we investigate the crash and marshal evidence to support your case. We are skilled at negotiating with insurance companies so you can receive money for medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering. But we need to hear from you first.
To schedule your free consultation with one of the car accident lawyers in West Palm Beach, please reach out to us today. There is no risk to you.