West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Riding a bicycle is not only an enjoyable hobby but also an inexpensive mode of transportation. With beautiful weather year-round, Florida is a magnet for cycling enthusiasts. We can’t blame you if you decide to leave the car at home and pedal to work on your new ten speed.
However, Florida’s roads are also congested, and many accidents do occur. When a bicyclist is involved in a collision, serious injuries often result. At Leifer & Ramirez, our West Palm Beach bicycle accident lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you need after a devastating crash—but we need to hear from you first.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
Unlike motorists in a passenger car, bicyclists have no armor to cushion them during a collision. Instead, many bicyclists suffer a direct hit and are subsequently thrown from the bike where they can strike the road or another vehicle.
At our firm, we have helped clients will all types of injuries, including:
- Fractures, including compound fractures
- Road rash and burn injuries
- Cuts or lacerations
- Crushed limbs
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Injuries to the eyes and ears
To protect yourself, bicyclists should wear a helmet approved by the Department of Transportation. However, even helmets cannot prevent every kind of injury.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents
We have experience handling all types of bicycle accidents and know how to present your case in a compelling way that warrants compensation. For example, a bicyclist can be injured in the following ways:
- Accidents involving passenger vehicles
- Accidents involving pedestrians
- Accidents between animals and bicyclists
- Accidents caused by road defects
- Accidents caused by motorcyclists and other bicyclists
We also have experienced handling insurance claims issues and property damage claims.
If a loved one has died in a bicycle crash, our team of attorneys can bring a wrongful death action against the party responsible. These types of lawsuits are very complicated, and you need an experienced bicycle accident attorney to handle all the paperwork so that your case is successful. If done right, a wrongful death lawsuit can net surviving family members the compensation they need to carry on and support themselves.
When another person’s negligence causes a bicycle accident, you can receive compensation in the form of a settlement or lawsuit. Each case is different, but our clients have received money damages for the following:
- Medical expenses, including future medical expenses if your injuries are severe
- Lost wages, including lost future wages if your injuries prevent you from returning to work
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress for negative emotions such as depression, anxiety, fear, embarrassment, irritability, and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of consortium, for negative changes to your marital relationship
For a complete review of the compensation you might receive, please speak with a bicycle accident attorney as soon as possible.
West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyers are a Phone Call Away
After a collision, you and your family might worry about how to pay for expenses. Fortunately, help is here. At Leifer & Ramirez, we represent bicycle accident victims and their families and won’t rest until we get you the compensation you deserve.
Time is limited. Florida gives accident victims a short window of time to pursue their rights, so please reach call 561-660-9421 for a free consultation.