West Palm Beach Auto Accident Lawyer
Accidents involving automobiles happen every day in Florida. Injured victims face mounting medical bills and the prospect of lost wages. If you have been struck by an automobile, you may be entitled to compensation, but you need to meet with a West Palm Beach auto accident lawyer to review your case.
Common Questions after an Auto Accident
At Leifer Law Firm, many of our clients first reach out to us because they are confused about the process for obtaining compensation. Florida’s no-fault insurance scheme can generate a blizzard of confusing forms, so it is perfectly normal to have questions. Many of our clients want to know:
- Which insurer do I contact? My insurer or the other driver’s?
- Does it matter if I contributed to my accident? Will this keep me from getting compensation?
- I’m missing work because of my injuries. Can I receive compensation?
- I don’t have money to hire a lawyer. Does this mean I need to handle my claim all by myself?
If you have these or similar questions, you should meet with an auto accident lawyer for a consultation. An experienced attorney can explain how to make a claim for personal injury protection (PIP) benefits with your insurer. He can also explain how Florida’s comparative negligence laws work.
Why You Need an Experienced Auto Accident Lawyer
Obtaining a fair settlement for your injuries is never easy. Your own insurer might refuse to pay PIP benefits, and the other driver’s insurer can throw roadblock after roadblock in front of you. Fortunately, the West Palm Beach car accident lawyers at the Leifer Law Firm understand the process for compensation inside and out.
Most helpfully, we are not afraid to hold drivers accountable in court when their negligent or reckless conduct leads to injuries. We have filed many lawsuits and are familiar with the court process.
Examples of Driver Negligence
Drivers owe other motorists around them a duty to operate their vehicles in a reasonably careful manner. Unfortunately, far too many drivers do not, causing collisions that send our clients straight to the hospital. Some of the most common causes of driver error include:
- Operating the vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol. A driver’s reflexes and judgment are impaired, leading to collisions.
- Driving while distracted. Almost anything can be a distraction, including talking or texting on a phone, eating, or daydreaming.
- Driving carelessly. Some drivers simply forget to look in their blind spot or check both ways before pulling into traffic, leading to crashes.
- Dangerous driving. Motorists who speed, weave, tailgate, and pass illegally can cause horrific accidents.
Types of Auto Accidents We Take
Leifer Law Firm has experience handling a range of auto accidents, including:
- Head-on Collisions
- Rear-end Collisions
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
If you have suffered an automobile crash, chances are we have represented a client in a similar case.
Speak with a Seasoned West Palm Beach Auto Accident Lawyer
At the Leifer Law Firm, we understand how badly accident victims need compensation to cover medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, as well as pain and suffering. Our West Palm Beach auto accident lawyers have helped countless injured motorists, and we are eager to help you, too.
We represent clients only on contingency, which means we only get paid when you get paid. To determine whether you have a valid legal claim, please contact us for your free, no obligation consultation with one of our attorneys. Call or submit an online contact form.