Deerfield Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
Accidents involving commercial trucks, big-rigs, or 18-wheelers create an entirely different set of legal issues than passenger vehicle accidents and require knowledge of more than just traffic and personal injury law. Our Deerfield Beach truck accident lawyers at the Leifer Law Firm have the resources and knowledge necessary to help you pursue a truck accident case and come out the other end of it successful. If you or a loved one was injured in a trucking accident, contact our firm today to work with Deerfield Beach truck accident lawyer who understands the specific nuances of tractor trailer accidents.
Common Types and Causes of Truck Accidents
While truckers are certainly susceptible to the same dangers and risks as drivers of passenger vehicles, their list of exposures is slightly longer. Moreover, because of the sheer size and capacity of big-rigs, accidents involving 18-wheelers are often far more devastating. For this reason, truck drivers have a heightened duty to adhere to both the rules of the road and the regulations set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. If a trucker fails to abide by governing laws, he or she risks causing one or more of the following types of accidents:
- Jackknife accidents;
- Rear-end accidents;
- Wide-turn accidents;
- Side impact; and
- Runaway truck accidents.
When a truck accident occurs, it is the duty of the authorities and the insurance companies to investigate the cause of the accident. Sadly, the cause is almost always preventable, and oftentimes falls on the shoulders of the truck driver. At the Leifer Law Firm, our investigative team will look into your accident to determine if one or more of the following factors was at play:
- Drowsy driving;
- Drunk driving;
- Mechanical errors/lack of maintenance;
- Unsecured cargo;
- Lack of training;
- Failure to keep a safe stopping distance;
- Distracted driving; or
- Unsafe combinations (two or more trailers hooked up to one rig).
If we discover that any of the above were at play, we will use our resources to gather the necessary evidence and begin building a strong, unshakeable foundation for your case. In the meantime, there are steps you can take to increase your odds of obtaining a maximum amount of compensation.
Help Maximize Your Recovery – Do the Following 3 Things Post-Accident
While our team at the Leifer Law Firm will do everything on our end to help you recover an optimal amount of compensation, there are steps you can do to help your case along. Our Deerfield Beach trucking accident lawyers encourage victims of all personal injury accidents to do the following while legalities unfold:
- Keep all doctor appointments. If you miss even a single appointment, the opposition’s insurance company may assume that you are “fine” and use your disregard for medical care as proof of that being true.
- Follow all medical advice, for the same reasons mentioned in the point above. If the insurance company sees that you skipped recommended treatment, it may deny your claim.
- Document everything, from medical treatment to how you feel on a day to day basis. The more the deciding parties understand how you feel post-accident, the better your odds that they will look favorably upon you.
Contact Our Deerfield Beach Truck Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one was involved in a truck accident that was the result of the trucker’s or trucking company’s negligence, contact the Leifer Law Firm today. We will evaluate your case and, if we determine you have a case of merit, help you take the necessary steps to pursue compensation.