Deerfield Beach Hip Replacement Lawyer
Hip Replacement Attorney Assisting Injured Patients in Deerfield Beach
Hip replacement surgeries have risen significantly in recent years, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC). Indeed, between 2000 and 2010, the number of hip replacements among patients aged 45 and older rose from 138,700 to 310,800. While the average hospital stay for patients with hip replacements is just under four days, there are many patients who require extensive hospital stays and additional surgeries due to hip implant defects.
Were you injured as a result of a hip replacement? An experienced Deerfield Beach hip replacement lawyer can help.
Hip Replacement Lawsuits in Deerfield Beach
What is a hip replacement, and why would it lead to a lawsuit? The Mayo Clinic explains that a hip replacement is a surgery in which “a surgeon removes the damaged sections of your hip joint and replaces them with parts usually constructed of metal, ceramic, and very hard plastic.” In other words, a hip replacement involves a patient receiving an artificial joint. Hip replacements typically are done to “reduce pain and improve function.”
Why do hip replacements result in lawsuits? There are many reasons that hip replacements can lead to lawsuits, including but not limited to the following side effects:
- Allergic reactions;
- Metal poisoning in metal-on-metal hip replacements;
- Formation of necrotic tissue;
- Blood clots;
- Joint loosening and hip replacement dislocation;
- Chronic pain; and
In some cases, these serious side effects are the results of a defective hip implant. In recent years, many different medical device manufacturers have been the subject of lawsuits involving defective hip implants, including Johnson & Johnson’s DePuy Pinnacle and ASR hip parts, Smith & Nephew hip replacement products, Stryker hip replacement products, Biomet hip implant parts, and Wright hip implants.
If you or someone you love received a hip implant or underwent a hip replacement surgery that resulted in serious side effects or injuries, you should speak with a hip replacement lawyer in Deerfield Beach about your options.
Deerfield Beach Product Liability and Hip Replacement Claims
Most hip replacement lawsuits are product liability lawsuits, which are claims related to defective products. Three different types of parties may be accountable in defective hip implant claims:
- Designer: A design defect in a hip implant or its parts occurs before the product is manufactured or sold.
- Manufacturer: A manufacturing defect happens during the manufacturing phase of a hip implant or its parts. There is nothing wrong with the design of the product, but a flaw occurred when it was manufactured.
- Marketer: A marketing defect occurs when a product is marketed in a way that does not make clear the risks associated with use of the product. There is nothing wrong with the design or manufacture of the product, but there is a flaw in the failure to warn patients about risks.
Your Deerfield Beach defective hip replacement lawyer can speak with you about the specific facts of your case and options for moving forward with your claim.
Contact a Deerfield Beach Hip Replacement Lawyer
Were you injured by a defective hip implant? An aggressive Deerfield Beach hip replacement attorney can assist you. Contact the Leifer Law Firm to learn more about the services we provide to injured patients in Florida.