Deerfield Beach Car Accident Lawyer
The Deerfield Beach car accident lawyers at Leifer Law Firm, experienced in handling motor vehicle accidents and other motor vehicle related claims. We have successfully handled a variety of complex vehicle accident cases that have gone through the insurance claims process, to trial, and even through appeal.
Establishing Our Case
We know that the hardest part in a vehicle accident case is proving fault. This means we need to prove who was negligent; and therefore, responsible for your injuries. If a person fails to act with a reasonable amount of care while driving, then they are negligent under the law.
For our team, finding negligence is usually based on:
- Proving the driver failed to obey traffic signs and signals
- Proving the driver didn’t signal while turning
- Careless or reckless driving habits
- Failure to follow the posted speed limit signs
- Talking or texting while driving
- Driving or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Recalled or defective products that caused the vehicle accident
- SUV rollovers
- Dangerous intersections
Auto accidents that are caused by drunk or incapacitated drivers can also lead to claims against the party host or even the bartender that served alcohol to that driver. A collision in a hit-and-run case can still be pushed through an insurance claim regardless if the hit-and-run driver is ever located.
Car accidents in Florida can also occur due to faulty road construction, poorly-lit tunnels, embankments, inappropriately marked exits, and just poor lighting on the streets.
Car Accident Cases are Complex – You Need Legal Representation
Even though car accidents are common in Florida, and they do make up a significant portion of personal injury and wrongful death cases, they are not simple to resolve. Too many injured victims make the mistake of assuming that these cases are straightforward; therefore, they don’t need lawyer.
But, these types of cases have complex issues when it comes to insurance laws and evidence, which is why you need a skilled Deerfield Beach car accident lawyer by your side. The team at Leifer Law Firm specializes in personal injury cases and we can help you identify the evidence an issues with your case in order to present a solid case to the courts.
If you have been injured in a vehicle accident with another car, truck, motorcycle or even a fixed object, and it was due to someone’s negligence, then you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries, pain, and suffering. You may even be entitled to compensation for future medical costs and long-term disability as well as lost wages.
But, to get access to this compensation, you need the assistance of a skilled law firm.
What Damages Can I Collect in a Vehicle Accident Case?
The types of damages (compensation) you can receive in an accident case will vary. It depends on the severity of your injuries as well as the type of accident. But, some things you may be entitled to include:
- Medical Bills – Usually your first few thousand dollars in medical costs are covered by your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) with your insurance company. If you have private health insurance, the law may require you to submit those claims to your insurance carrier first before you can sue. After that, you are able to sue for remaining medical costs, including long-term care not covered by your PIP.
- Lost Wages – If you are unable to work again or you have to take a significant amount of time off work, then you can collect a portion of your lost wages through your PIP carrier as well as the negligent party.
- Bodily Injuries – If your injuries go past the coverage offered by your PIP insurance or you have more serious injuries that require long-term care (or disfigurement issues), you can sue for the additional losses. This is also where pain and suffering come into play.
- Wrongful Death – PIP does not cover wrongful death; therefore, if a loved one died because of the negligence of another in a car accident, then you may be entitled to a settlement for that loss.
Choose a Deerfield Beach Car Accident Lawyer
You need to protect your legal rights after a vehicle accident. And, because you have limited time to file your claim, you need to act fast. Hire experienced Deerfield Beach car accident lawyer you can trust and one that will work quickly to resolve your claim.
The team at Leifer Law Firm offers free, no obligation consultations and we are here to help our clients recover their damages. Contact us now to schedule your consultation or to speak to an auto accident lawyer now.