Boca Raton Public Park Injury Lawyer
A public park injury can happen anywhere, but the following lists contains the most popular public parks in Boca Raton and the surrounding area, as well as one type of accident that could be grounds for filing a lawsuit against the city. If you, your child, or another loved one were injured in a public park in Boca Raton, reach out to our Boca Raton public park injury lawyers for legal advice.
- Spanish River Park—Trip and falls on paved walking surfaces are one of the most common premises accidents on public parks, including Spanish River Park. A trip and fall or slip and fall can potentially be the fault of a municipality if the city had knowledge of a tripping hazard and failed to act in a reasonable amount of time to mitigate the hazard.
- Patch Reef Park—Pedestrians are not the only ones who use Patch Reef Park. Riding a bike to a park is one of the best ways to experience Patch Reef and other public parks, and if a dangerous parking lot or paved path has large potholes or bumps caused by tree roots, a bike crash is imminent. If you were injured while riding your bike in a park, you may be able to hold the city responsible.
- Red Reef Park—Trip and falls do not just happen on pavement. They can happen anywhere, including on tennis courts, basketball courts, in gazebos, on grass fields, and wooden walkways or bridges. While many falls are simply an unfortunate accident, if a serious tripping hazard existed, such as a large hole or a broken wooden surface, you may have a premises liability case.
- South Beach Park—Drowning deaths and near-deaths are one of the leading causes of death and injury at Florida parks, and South Beach Park has three swimming areas.
- Sand Pine Park—Playgrounds should certainly be an area of concern when it comes to upkeep and safe design. If a swing set collapses or a play structure is designed with wide openings in a slat, large enough for a child’s leg to slip between, the city may be sued for damages.
- Pondhawk Natural Area—Broken glass, old construction debris, used syringes—public areas sometimes have it all. Unfortunately, Pondhawk Natural Area and many other public parks sometimes become dumping grounds for people’s dangerous trash. If junk piles up and is reported, and the city does nothing to remove the debris for months on end, the municipality could potentially be responsible if a park user steps on a nail or cuts themselves on a broken bottle, for example
Call a Boca Raton Park Injury Lawyer
If you, your child, or another loved one were injured in a public park in Boca Raton or the surrounding area, you may be able to file a premises injury claim against the local municipality that failed to address the hazard that caused the accident. Suing a city is a big undertaking, and most attorneys shy away from this type of high-pressure case. But here at Leifer Law Firm, our Boca Raton public park injury lawyers have a proven track record when it comes to holding municipalities responsible. Call us today at 561-660-9421 to schedule a free consultation.