Boca Raton Concussion Injury Lawyer
Concussions may not seem like serious injuries, but medical studies have recently shown that untreated or frequent concussions have the potential to create permanent damage to the brain. If you have suffered from a concussion because of a motor vehicle accident or other type of injury, the attorneys at Leifer Law Firm can help you.
When someone is negligent and causes injuries, they should be held accountable for theiractions. This is just one way how our accident attorneys can help. Leifer Law Firm specializes in personal injury and we can help you get the compensation you deserve for your concussion injury — no matter how it occurred.
Symptoms of a Concussion
Most people do not seek medical attention simply because they do not know the symptoms of a concussion. While symptoms can vary depending on the person, some of the more common symptoms include:
- Headache or migraines
- Vomiting or severe nausea
- Light sensitivity or noise sensitivity
- Difficulty keeping balance
- Memory loss
- Blurred vision
- Ringing ears
- Problems concentrating
- Anxiety or depression
People who have suffered from mild-to-severe concussions may have long-term complications that affect their daily lives, including:
- Problems with balance and coordination
- Problems with memory or concentrating
- Problems with sleeping
- Irritability and permanent personality changes
Concussions are Common Results of Car Accidents
Car accidents are one of the more common causes of traumatic head injuries. A person could strike their head on the windshield, hit it on the steering wheel, be impacted by their side air bags or even just suffer from concussions because of the impact of the airbag. These lead to closed-brain injuries, which are not seen to the naked eye, but present under proper scans.
There are several types of closed head injuries that can occur along with a concussion, including:
- Scalp Wounds – The scalp, which is the skin covering your skull and protecting it, can become lacerated, bleed, and even cause permanent tissue damage.
- Secondary Concussion – This occurs if the person already had a concussion that was healing and the brain is violently shaken once more.
- Closed Injury – This can include hematomas, subdural hemorrhage, and contusions to the brain. While not always fatal, they can be if immediate medical attention is not received for the injury.
The Other Causes of Concussions – Not Just Car Accidents
While car accidents are one of the leading causes of concussions in the United States, they are not the only way a person can suffer from a concussion. And, if a person already has a healing concussion and then gets into an accident, they can suffer from second-impact syndrome, which could be deadly.
Some reasons a person could suffer from a concussion include:
- Car accidents
- Sports injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slips and falls
- Bicycle accidents
The Do’s and Don’ts Immediately After a Concussion
If you or a loved one has a concussion, then you need to see a doctor right away for proper diagnosis and treatment. Recovering from these types of traumatic brain injuries is critical and it may be a long, drawn out process depending on the severity of the concussion.
A few things you must do and not do include:
- Do rest.
- Do not watch television or anything that can stress the brain.
- Do avoid fast movements.
- Do not engage in any activity that can further damage your brain—and may damage your personal injury case if you were to be injured again.
- Do not go back to work unless instructed by the doctor. This could negatively impact your personal injury case as well as hinder your recovery.
- Do not stop taking medication. Ignoring physician instructions may harm your personal injury case, too.
- Do not drive unless you have been cleared to do so.
Get Legal Assistance for Your Accident-Related Concussion
Remember that a concussion can be unpredictable and serious. Not only should you see a doctor, but you will need to hire a personal injury attorney. The costs that result from these types of injuries are much more than victims may realize. From the long-term care to the medications to the multiple expensive tests you will encounter, you will have thousands in medical bills before you even realize it.
The Boca Raton concussion injury lawyer at Leifer Law Firm can help you get the compensation you deserve for those injuries. If your concussion was caused by someone else’s negligence, hold them accountable for their actions and get the compensation you deserve.
Call us today to schedule your free consultation by dialing 561-660-9421.