Boca Raton Rear End Car Accident Lawyer
Rear-end collisions are not uncommon. They happen all too often in Florida. While you are sitting at a dead stop, the car behind you doesn’t, and smacks into the back of your vehicle. The damage to your rear bumper is serious, but often the injuries you deal with after these types of accidents are far worse.
Determining Fault in a Rear-End Collision
Usually, these types of accidents fall on the vehicle that collided with the vehicle in front of it—meaning the person that hit the other vehicle from behind. Regardless if your vehicle stopped suddenly or not, the other driver was responsible for having adequate distance between your vehicle and their own to stop in time.
There are numerous reasons why a rear-end accident occurs, including:
- The driver was speeding
- The driver was driving too fast for the weather or road conditions
- The driver was following your vehicle too close
- The driver changed lanes too quickly without seeing which vehicles were already in that lane
There are rare instances where the driver that rear ends another is not at fault. For example, the vehicle that rear ended you may have had a vehicle malfunction, which may mean their service center or vehicle manufacturer was at fault and not necessarily the driver.
Because there are so many reasons for a rear end accident—and special circumstances when it comes to determining fault—you need the assistance of a skilled car accident attorney to help find who is liable and who should be held at fault for your injuries and damages.
Sometimes there are multiple defendants in these types of cases, too. For example, a third vehicle may have forced the driver behind you to hit your car. Also, there may be instances where contributory negligence plays a role, which means you may be partially responsible for your injuries, even if the other driver was following too close.
That is why it is important to hire an attorney. An attorney can hash out the details regarding who is at fault and make sure that the other driver’s insurance company does not try to blame you for any portion you are not responsible for.
What Type of Injuries are Common After a Rear-End Accident?
Rear-end accidents are violent and force your body to quickly shake and whip back and forth. That is why people who suffer from rear end collisions also have long-term injuries and pain. Some of the more common injuries associated with being rear-ended include, but are not limited to:
- Airbag Injuries – If your car is forced into an object or another car, your airbag may deploy. In this instance, you could suffer from minor burns, neck and shoulder injuries and even a broken nose from the impact of the airbag.
- Whiplash – This is one of the more common injuries associated with a rear-end accident. This can cause strain and even tear ligaments within the neck and upper shoulders, leading to extreme pain.
- Concussion – Depending on how fast the other driver was going when they impacted your vehicle, your head could come into contact with your steering wheel, window or even dashboard. This could cause a mild to severe concussion.
- Spinal Cord Injury – It does not take high speeds to cause spinal cord injury. Your spine could have hyperextension or even a herniated disc from the impact of the vehicle behind you.
Injuries are not always apparent right after an accident either. A lot of rear-end victims think they are fine, but after the accident and a few days later they start to notice that they are sorer – and eventually the symptoms flood in at once. For some people it could take weeks to recognize the damage.
That is why it is important you seek medical treatment right away after any type of auto accident.
Contact the Accident Lawyers at Leifer Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a rear-end accident, contact the lawyers at Leifer Law Firm today. We offer free consultations and we can help you recover the medical costs and losses associated with these types of accidents.
Call us now at 561-660-9421 and we will meet with you with no obligations.