West Palm Beach Hit & Run Lawyer
Every day, people leave the scene of an accident, even when they are at fault for the collision. Unfortunately, injured motorists are left behind, wondering how they will pick up the pieces after a crash that was not their fault. If you find yourself in this sad situation, realize that help is available.
At the Leifer Law Firm, our West Palm Beach hit & run lawyers are prepared to discuss your options with you. Just because you cannot find the driver who is responsible for the crash does not mean that you cannot receive compensation. Speak to us today to learn more about how you can obtain the funds you need.
You Have Options
Few of our clients realize that they have several options after a hit and run for receiving badly needed compensation. This money can help pay for medical bills, replace lost wages, and compensate victims for pain and suffering. In particular, you can rely on the following:
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits can pay for medical expenses and replace some lost wages. These are no-fault benefits, though most people only carry $10,000 in PIP benefits, which is rarely enough.
- Your Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM) will cover you in the event of a hit and run collision.
- Florida’s Crime Victims Fund pays out money to people who are the victims of crime, and victims of hit and run accidents can qualify. You will need to file paperwork with the Secretary of State.
Everyone’s situation is different, so you should consult with a legal professional to learn more about your options.
Why You Need a West Palm Beach Hit and Run Lawyer
After a crash, our clients feel a mix of emotions. They are often angry that the driver who struck them was too cowardly to stick around and take responsibility. Our clients are also worried about whether they can support themselves and their families as medical bills arrive daily. Fortunately, an attorney can help aggressively protect your rights.
At the Leifer Law Firm, we have helped countless clients receive compensation from their insurance companies, who sometimes do not want to pay out a claim—especially if you have been the victim of a hit and run.
To help you submit the strongest claim possible, we can do the following:
- Identify any witnesses to the crash
- Collect police reports
- Locate any surveillance video that might show the driver who struck you
- Find other evidence, such as debris from the collision
- Consult with experts to reconstruct the crash
- Obtain updates from the police about the search for the other driver
Should the police find the driver, we can seek compensation from their insurer or move to bring a lawsuit and seize any assets they have.
Speak with an Experienced West Palm Beach Hit and Run Lawyer
If you have suffered an injury, you need to speak to an attorney immediately. Contact a West Palm Beach hit and run lawyer at the Leifer Law Firm today. We will walk you through the process of obtaining compensation from your insurers and make sure that you receive a just settlement for your injuries. Avoid delay.