Boynton Beach Class Action Lawyer
There are many situations where an individual or company’s actions harm a large group of people. In such cases it is often impractical for each individual victim to file a separate lawsuit. This is where a class action lawsuit may be a more effective means of seeking justice.
A class action is a special type of civil litigation that allows a small group of representative plaintiffs to pursue a legal claim on behalf of an entire group. Most class actions never go to trial–they are typically settled. One of the keys to negotiating a successful settlement is working with an experienced Boynton Beach class action lawyer who has experience in these types of cases.
Why Would I File a Class Action Lawsuit?
At Leifer & Ramirez, we assist clients with a wide variety of class action lawsuits. Some of the more common cases we deal with include:
- consumers injured by defective products;
- patients seriously injured or killed by dangerous drugs or medical devices;
- corporate shareholders injured by acts of fraud;
- Florida homeowners and residents affected by environmental contaminants; and
- employees and job applicants affected by discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, or national origin.
Whatever the cause, the important thing to understand is that at Leifer & Ramirez, we never charge class members any upfront fees or costs. We only seek compensation if we negotiate a settlement or win at trial. If we recover nothing for the class, then you owe us nothing.
How Do I Bring a Class Action Lawsuit?
A class action starts like any other civil case–by filing a complaint against the defendant or defendants in court. The parties filing then complaint must then move to certify the class and seek appointment as “representative” members. In the federal court system, a court will only grant class certification if the following applies:
- The class is so large that it would be “impracticable” to join them all to the lawsuit individually.
- All class members have claims that raise common questions of law or fact.
- The representative members’ particular claims are “typical” of those of the entire class.
- The representative members’ show they will “fairly and adequately protect the interests of the class.”
At Leifer & Ramirez, we can assess your particular legal claims and help you decide whether a class action is appropriate. Although there is no minimum number of members required to certify a class action, we often find that what starts out as a small group may quickly grow into a class of thousands of potential members. This is why it is essential to work with lawyers who know how to manage large, complex class actions.
How Can Leifer & Ramirez Help You with Your Class Action Lawsuit?
Class actions provide critical protections for individuals who are injured by corporate malfeasance. Oftentimes, a class action is the only way to hold businesses accountable for manufacturing dangerous products or defrauding innocent people. So if you think you may have a potential case and need to speak with a qualified Boynton Beach class action lawyer, call Leifer & Ramirez today at 561-660-9421.