Class Actions Lawyers
Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach Offices serving all of Florida
Hire the best class action lawsuit to ensure your highest settlement possible.
Class action lawsuits are a type of lawsuit that includes multiple parties suing the same individual, company or organization. The reason for these lawsuits can vary, but there are usually two factors required to have a class action suit, which include:
- The issue must be common to all members involved in the lawsuit.
- The individuals affected by the issue are so great in size that it makes it impossible and impractical for them all to go before the court at once.
The federal law dictates how class action lawsuits are handled. And, most of the class action lawsuits Leifer Law Firm has represented have involved multiple parties
What Types of Class Action Lawsuits Are There?
There are numerous different types of class action suits out there, but some examples can include:
- Employees who were subjected to racial, gender or age discrimination by a single employer;
- Homeowners or residents affected by toxic materials and practices in their neighborhood;
- Consumers who purchased defective products and were injured by those defective products;
- Patients who were prescribed dangerous drugs;
- Merchants who purposely inflated their costs;
- Investors and stockholders victimized by fraud;
- Other forms of consumer fraud.
At Leifer Law Firm, we have represented numerous types of class action lawsuits. Some of the most common lawsuits include:
- Securities Fraud – These cases happen when a group of investors are injured because of improper conduct or behavior of the company they have invested in, such as lying about earnings, concealing risks or engaging in activity that is detrimental to their investment.
- Product Liability – This can include everything from defective products to medical devices to dangerous prescription drugs.
- Consumer Class Actions – These are when a group of consumers are injured by a company’s systematic or illegal practices. This can include illegal charges on bills, illegal interest rates or late fee penalties or failure to comply with protection laws.
- Employment Lawsuits – A single employer that violates Labor Codes can turn into a class action lawsuit, especially with a history of violating minimum wage requirements, overtime pay or failing to provide employees with breaks.
How Many People Are Needed for a Class Action Lawsuit?
While it does help if numerous people name the plaintiff, there is no set number. In most cases, an attorney at Leifer Law Firm would need to assess the case and make sure it is valid for a class action pursuit. These types of cases typically have 30 to 50 people when they start, but can quickly grow into the hundreds (if not thousands).
How Much Does a Class Action Lawsuit Cost?
For the injured parties, there is no charge to join a class action lawsuit. Instead, Leifer Law Firm will only request compensation if we win your case. That means we forward the cost of our fees, investigators, court costs, etc. If we lose, you don’t owe us anything for joining the class action suit.
Will the Damages be Split Evenly?
Not always. While it is true there are times the damages can be split equally among those injured, there are other times judges use their discretion to decide just how much each individual in the suit will receive. These compensation amounts are based on special circumstances, such as a family that lost a loved one, while the remaining individuals in the suit do not have a wrongful death claim.
Choose a Class Action Lawsuit Attorney You Can Trust
Not all class action lawsuit attorneys are created the same. While there are plenty of good ones out there, the attorneys at Leifer Law Firm are the best in Florida. We have successfully represented multiple class action lawsuits and even have suits currently going on with our law firm. Our attorneys are proud to represent consumers of this country against big manufacturers, producers and companies that have neglected to protect their customers.
If you or a loved one has been harmed by a defective product, dangerous drug, illegal conduct or even deceptive practice, you may be able to join a class action suit with our law firm. Contact our attorneys today regarding your potential class action suit.
Call us today to inquire about our existing class action lawsuit or to discuss your potential case. We will meet with you for free and there is no obligation for talking with us, so call us now at 561-395-8055.