Hire an Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys Boca Raton
Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach Offices serving all of Florida
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident attorneys Boca Raton involving a semi-truck or 18-wheeler, then you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Our truck accident lawyers at Leifer Law Firm have experience with these special types of personal injury cases. We can help you file a claim against the driver’s insurance company, their employer or even the truck manufacturer depending on the circumstances of your case. We will fight aggressively for your right to collect compensation and we will not settle for a bottom dollar amount.
Understanding Truck Accident Cases
To qualify for compensation in a truck accident case, you and your truck accident attorney must prove that the driver was negligent at the time of the accident.
Even if you are partially responsible, Florida law allows you to collect for the portion you were not responsible for. But, you have limited time to file these types of claims; therefore, it’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible.
Things Need to Know About Truck Accidents
Truck accidents happen for a variety of reasons in Florida. But, what is important is whether or not the cause was related to the driver’s negligence.
- Types of Truck Accidents
- Causes of Truck Accidents
- Liability in a Truck Accidents
- Florida Truck Accidents
Some eligible causes of truck accidents can include, but are not limited to:
- Lack of driving experience
- Failure to obey the rules of the road
- Failure to yield to traffic signals or signs
- Improper loading of cargo
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescription drugs)
- Not looking out for smaller vehicles
- Failure to stop at weigh stations and carrying too heavy of a load
- Operating the truck improperly
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
The injuries and losses associated with truck accidents are catastrophic. Because of the size and weight of these vehicles, most passenger vehicles do not stand a chance against them.
Truck accidents also have a higher number of fatalities than passenger vehicle accidents because of their size. Even at slow speeds, the damage by a semi-truck can be severe.
By hiring the Boca Raton personal injury lawyers at Leifer Law Firm, you get lawyers who are skilled in representing victims just like you against insurance companies, large trucking companies, and the driver’s attorneys. Our lawyers can:
- Review the accident report
- Interview witnesses
- Hire expert witnesses
- Review police reports
- Review the driver’s history
- Interview medical providers
- Analyze medical records
In these types of cases, often more than one party is sued for a victim’s injuries. That is why you need truck accident attorneys Boca Raton to assess your case and determine which parties can be held liable for your injuries. Just some of the individuals that may be named in your suit include:
- The driver
- The driver’s employer
- The owner of the truck (if not the employer)
- The individual or company that leases out the truck
- Owner of the truck trailer
- Owner of the company that maintains the truck or trailer
- Manufacturer of the truck or trailer – or any components on it
Lawsuits in Truck Accidents
Because the injuries are more severe, you may have multiple injuries listed in your lawsuit. Just some of the injuries you may be able to sue for include:
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limbs
- Permanent disability
- Broken bones or fractures
- Cuts and lacerations
A Settlement You Deserve
As the victim of a semi truck accident, you may be entitled to a settlement for your injuries and losses. With the assistance of a truck accident attorneys Boca Raton from Leifer Law Firm, you may receive compensation for:
- Medical Expenses – This can include doctor’s bills, hospital fees, prescription medications, emergency room visits, ambulance rides, physical therapy, rehabilitative therapy, medical devices and assistive devices.
- Future Medical Costs – If you will need future or long-term medical care, you may be able to get compensation for those projected costs.
- Lost Wages – You most likely had to take time off work to recover from your accident and you may be permanently unable to return to work. Regardless of how long you took off work and how long you will have to stay away from work, you can recover those lost wages.
- Loss of Future Earnings – If you have to change jobs because you can no longer work or you have to permanently cut your hours, then you can collect on the wages you would have earned in the future if you hadn’t been injured.
Lastly, you may be able to claim pain and suffering for your injuries and the traumatic experience of being in a truck accident.
Get the Compensation You Deserve, Contact an Truck Accident Attorneys Boca Raton Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, don’t rely on insurance companies to give you the compensation you need. Contact the team at Leifer Law Firm today for a free consultation and to get started on your truck accident claim today. Our Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach Offices serving all of Florida.
Truck Accident FAQs