Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach Offices serving all of Florida
An injury to the head, especially the brain, is referred to as a traumatic brain injury (TBI). These can be caused by a variety of accidents, but are especially common in motor vehicle accidents.
The damage that is done to the brain in these types of harsh accidents is often irreversible and can permanently affect a person’s quality of life, if not turn fatal.
A person’s brain communicates with the rest of their body and if it is damaged in any way, the portion of the brain may stop functioning and it can significantly limit how a person functions as a whole. For example, a person may not be able to speak, move their legs or even walk.
If someone suffered a TBI due to someone’s negligence, whether from a vehicle accident or another way, they have the right to purpose compensation from that responsible party to cover their losses. Please contact the brain injury lawyer Boca Raton at Leifer Law Firm today.
Our personal injury attorneys will aggressively represent your rights and make sure you receive compensation for those injuries.
Some of the main areas we serve can be found below:
- Boca Raton
- Fort Lauderdale
- West Palm Beach
Brain Injuries Cause Devastating, Long-Term Effects
Each year, traumatic brain injuries contribute to a significant number of deaths in the United States and an equally astounding number of permanently disabled individuals.
In fact, it contributes to 30 percent of all injury-related deaths in the U.S. According to the CDC, in 2010, it was estimated that 2.5 million people suffered from a traumatic brain injury.
The effects of a serious TBI injury may be non-fatal, but are something the individual must deal with the rest of their lives.
Just some of the long and short-term effects they may encounter include:
- Cognitive issues – such as being unable to remember anything.
- Sensation issues – being unable to hear, see or even perceive what they are touching.
- Emotional issues – including uncontrollable emotions, anxiety, aggression, poor impulse control, etc.
- Motor issues – unable to coordinate or balance themselves.
Even a minor brain injury should be taken seriously and handled with care. If someone suspects a brain injury of any type, they should seek immediate medical attention.
Brain injuries can occur from jolts to the head, bumps or blows to the head or even a penetrating cranial injury. Some people may lose consciousness, while others have no idea they have just injured their brain.
The Various Types of Brain Injuries
There are numerous types of brain injury and while not all brain injuries are called TBIs, they are all very serious. These can include:
- Head Injury – This can cause temporary or permanent brain damage and impair a person’s functionality for months – if not the rest of his or her life.
- Concussions – They may cause a person to lose consciousness as well as feel disoriented or dazed. These often occur when the brain is battered or shaken and may result in permanent brain damage.
- Brain Damage – This is caused by a head injury or even shock to the brain. Memory loss may occur and a person may deal with serious side effects as a result.
- Traumatic Brain Injury or TBI – This is from extreme external force that can damage the tissue of the brain. Most internal brain injuries cannot be reversed and they also are not visible from the outside – it requires a special scan to determine the damage.
Importance of Immediate Medical Care
Most people will suffer from a brain injury and have no idea that they have one. Sometimes symptoms will take a few days to a few weeks to manifest.
By then, people do not assume it is the accident that has caused their injury. That is why it is important to seek immediate medical attention any time you are in an accident.
A physician can run a necessary brain scan to see if there is any damage to the brain – and hopefully catch any life-threatening bleeding.
Have You Suffered from a Brain Injury? Call an Brain Injury Lawyer Boca Raton Right Away
If you or a loved one suffered from a brain injury because of a car accident or another type of accident, then you may be entitled to compensation for your injury. Brain injuries are costly to overcome and often require specialized procedures that cost thousands of dollars on their own.
The attorneys at Leifer Law Firm can ensure you receive compensation for those injuries so that you are not left worrying about finances. Call us today for a free consultation.