5 Things To Do After A Car Accident In Florida
You should consider these 5 things to do after a car accident in Florida. Keep this list in a glove compartment in your family car. After ensuring that everyone receives proper medical care, call and speak to a lawyer at our office in Boca Raton or one of our other Florida offices. Call 561-395-8055 or 877-395-8055 for an appointment.
- Call the Police and make sure you speak to the officer to give your version of how the accident occurred. Make sure you receive a copy of the police report or case number.
- Write down as much information as possible about the other vehicle, including the make, model, color and license plate number. This will protect you in the event that someone leaves the scene before the police arrive.
- Take photographs (a cell phone camera will suffice) of the accident scene and location. If it can be done safely, take pictures of the damage to all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries by going to the hospital, urgent care clinic or primary care physician. It’s important to have your injuries properly documented.
- Consult an experienced Personal Injury attorney to discuss your options on how to protect your rights. This includes how to get all of your medical bills paid and how to proceed with claims for property damage, pain and suffering and lost wages.